The Inasmuch Ministry
Inasmuch House is a temporary emergency shelter with stays up to 30-60 days for single women, and one or two-parent families.
Services Provided at the Inasmuch House
- Emergency shelter for up to 30 days.
- Budgeting, life-skills and empowerment classes.
- Case management to help residents get a job and find a home.
- Referrals to social services, legal aid and health care agencies.
- Gain Access Program, to enroll children in school and/or daycare.
- Shared bedrooms for single women, with 4 beds each.
- Private rooms for one or two-parent families.
- Laundry facilities.
- 3 meals a day, toys for kids, clothing, shoes, supplies and personal hygiene products.
- Warm shelter: if there are no beds available, people can still stay overnight in the community lounge.
Did You Know?
- Domestic violence is the #1 reason why women experience homeless.
- Being homeless increases the risk of becoming a victim of sexual violence.
- 41% of the homeless population in the U.S. are families.
- Unsheltered children experience long-lasting effects that affect their mental, emotional and physical well-being.
- 75% of homeless parents are unemployed.
- 92% of homeless mothers were physically or sexually assaulted.
- Approximately 3.5 million people or 1% of the U.S. population experience homelessness each year.
*Statistics from nationalhomeless.org
Ways You Can Help
- Help us get a playground set for the kids!! Call us for more information.
- Financial Donations are always appreciated.
- Donating clothes for people all ages, diapers, toilet paper, personal hygiene products, twin-size sheets, all-purpose cleaners, African-American hair products, and toys for kids all ages.