Become a Partner
Facts About Homelessness
- The average age of a homeless child in America is 6 years old
- Children and families make up the fastest growing segment of the homeless population.
- 41% of the homeless population in the U.S. are families.
- In 2005, one-third of requests for shelter by homeless families were denied.
- 75% of homeless parents are unemployed.
- 92% of homeless mothers were physically or sexually assaulted.
- Approximately 3.5 million people or 1% of the U.S. population experience homelessness each year.
What can you do to help?
Since 1956, The Haven of Rest Rescue Mission has served, trained, fed, and ministered to thousands of homeless men, women, and children in our community. You can come alongside in our battle against homeless and poverty by being a light in our community. There are many ways to partner with us, but here are a few ways:
- Volunteer at one of annual events
- Volunteer your business to come and serve at the facility for the day
- Set up recurring giving on behalf of your organization
- Allow the Haven to come and speak at your church, gathering, or conference