The Hope of People Everywhere or H.O.P.E. Team's mission is to share God's love by reaching out to people everywhere and
providing hope to those who may think they've been forgotten.
Services provided at The H.O.P.E. Team:
- The H.O.P.E. Team was started in 2006, and is an outreach program of the Haven of Rest and the community. Every other
month, members of the H.O.P.E. Team distribute items to those living on the streets. Items include sack lunches, bottled
water and seasonal clothing appropriate for the weather.
- December through March, the H.O.P.E. Team has two locations where hot meals are served weekly in addition to passing
out warm items and personal care items. American Legion, Post 298, serves dinner on Mondays and Abundant Grace Church serves
dinner on Tuesdays.
- Spring and summer H.O.P.E. Days consist of passing out needed items as well as sack lunches, bottled water and providing a
Much Needed Items for H.O.P.E. Days:
The community can assist this effort, by donating items for H.O.P.E. Days and helping to make this a fun and beneficial community event.
- Hand sanitizer
- Dental care items
- Wash cloths
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Baby wipes
- Baby powder
- Feminine hygiene products
- Various sizes of socks
- Bottled water
- Winter blankets
- Sleeping bags
- sack lunches
Ways you can help:
- Churches are needed to serve meals and pass out items Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Volunteers are always needed to help serve meals and pass out items.