Since 1986, the Haven of Rest has provided licensed adult foster care to 15 aged and mentally challenged men.
Services provided at the Adult Foster Care:
- The Adult Foster Care residents are the Haven's only perminate tenants
- Each resident is provided with a newly renovated, spacious and comfortable living area.
- Residents are free to come and go at their leisure.
- Recreational and educational opportunities are available for residents.
- Residents are charged the minimum requirement by the State of Michigan to assist low-income mentally
The Adult Foster Care residents receive the following services:
- Access to psychological counseling.
- Assistance with medication.
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Assistance with hygiene needs (haircuts, etc.).
- Assistance with shopping for clothes and other needed items.
- Therapeutic recreational opportunities.
- Well balanced nutritious meals to meet dietary needs.
Ways you can help:
- Financial Donations are always needed.
- In-Kind Donations - Food and supplies.
- Volunteers are greatly appreciated.